Saturday, March 26, 2011

McCall's 5038- A Skirt for the Princess

Last weekend I dug this cute little pattern for a simple peasant skirt out of my stash. It's McCall's 5038. I made a size 10 for the Princess out of some left over quilting cotton. I left off the short ruffle since I was using up fabric and didn't have enough to cut both ruffles. I think it turned out pretty cute.

I would wear this outfit myself if I had it in my size.

This little skirt is so simple- side seams, gathered ruffle, elastic casing. You could even make this without a pattern if you wanted to. I used my serger to roll hem the edge of the ruffle. It gave me a little bit of extra length and made a nice contrasting edge.
I've already cut out another one of these. You'll be seeing more of these this spring.
Now if the weather would just warm back up and this misty rain would go away...

1 comment:

grandmarockton said...

Very nice, have to try it for grands