Sunday, September 18, 2011

Waiting

I am still waiting for my stretch fabrics to arrive, so I am at a standstill on the flap dress. In the meantime, I decided to go ahead and work on something relatively quick and easy. I decided to pull out the pattern for Burda Style 05-2011-130: You may remember that I made this dress before but was I was not happy with the fabric and so I never hemmed it or wore it.




I have beeen thinking about this rayon challis for a while now. It's been in my stash literally for years. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got this at my local Walmart back in the day when they had a good fabric department.




I think this is going to work perfectly for this pattern. It's lightweight and drapes beautifully. The colors are gorgeous, too, and will transition nicely into fall.


Best of all, this dress should sew up pretty quickly. There are no buttons or zipper required. I'll probably skip the self fabric tie in the neckline and instead pull a pretty ribbon out of my stash. Stay tuned for an update.


I hope to receive my fabric shipment this week. Then I'll just need to decide which of the three candidates to use for the flap dress!

No comments: