Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Band Done

The drawn thread/hemstitching band is done.

Here's a close up look. Or at least as close as I can get with my camera. Julia asked for a tutorial on this technique and I will see what I can do. That might be something to work on this weekend while I'm off. In the meantime, here's a little sampler I stitched back in 2000. This is Bee Keeper's Cottage by Shepherd's Bush:

This is an adorable little sampler (aprox. 2.5" by 11.25") stitched in shades of purple, green, and gold on an antique gold toned linen.


It features bees, of course, and includes two tiny brass bee charms and a little pewter moon. I love this little piece and I really need to get it framed and hang it up somewhere.
By the way, all of these unframed samplers are stored flat, loosely layered in a plastic storage box (the same kind I use for my fabric stash) dedicated to needlework. I don't know that that is the best way to store them, but it's worked for me so far. All of them are in perfect condition as of right now.
And now I am off to work on one of my many WIPs.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Beautiful!!! I hope you do have time for the tutorial. I don't think I will be the only interested sewer. You are so talented