I never did add the snap to the front bodice. I used a tiny safety pin to hold the front edges together right at the bust line. It worked great! I'm sure a snap would do just as well.
I was sort of worried that the average quality quilting cotton that I used might wrinkle really badly in back where I spent a lot of the day sitting on it, but it didn't. Of course, I did wear a full slip and panty hose, so that probably helped.
I've decided to go ahead with the Military Wrap Dress project, however, I need to find a suitable fabric before I can continue. I want to check my "local" (60 miles away) fabric store before I resort to ordering online, so it may be a few weeks before I can get started.
In the meantime, I will be cutting out BWOF 02-2009-124 out of stretch pique:
I've been wanting to add some yellow and orange to my wardrobe and this cute circle print will do just that. The orange satin will be used to line the bodice.
I'll also be working on Summer Fields from AS&E issue #83, using yellow seersucker, lavender gingham, and a sweet floral print with both colors. Often when I get home from work, I really don't feel like hunching over the sewing machine and I've been wanting something to work on while watching TV on weeknights. I figure a cute smocked sundress is a good choice. Besides, it's getting harder and harder to find smocked projects that both fit the Princess and appeal to her rather choosy taste. I better make it while I still have the chance!