Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vogue 1250... Again

I decided I liked Vogue 1250 enough to make it again. It's easy, it looks good, and it feels great to wear. What more could I ask for?
I picked up this "brush stroke" knit print last weekend at Joann's. The end of the bolt said it was matte jersey, but it sure behaved differently than the black matte jersey from Hancock's that I used for the first version. For one thing it seemed stretchier all over, and it has quite a bit of lengthwise stretch.


I used the same exact pattern pieces I used the first time (size 16, easing out to an 18 at the hip, with 1" of length added at the waist.) But for some reason, this dress turned out longer than the first. All over. I ended up going back and taking the shoulder seams up about 3/4" so the neckline wasn't too low and the waist seam wasn't slung across my hips. I also took a deeper hem this time. It still is longer than the black dress and it seemed to grow ever so slightly as I wore it today. I can live with it, though.


Over all, I'm pleased with it, but I am going to put V1250 away for awhile. Two of these is enough for me, for now. I need to move on to the other patterns on my "to-do" list. I have one more knit dress cut out, and then I have a couple of pairs of pants in various muslin stages, a skirt, and...


Maybe I should just take them one at a time.

7 comments:

MushyWear said...

Very pretty. Love the print!

Karin said...

It's a great cut and suits your figure, so why not make 2?! I am seeing this dress all over the web. It's really popular.

Belinda said...

I love that on you! And the colors are really nice. I wonder why this one chose to stretch so much?

Peggy's Closet said...

Stunning! I love the fabric and this style is very flattering on you!

Shannon said...

Very nice! :)

Audrey said...

I like this version of the pattern, made in a print rather than a solid color like the pattern shows. It looks really nice on you. great colors!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

It is an addictive pattern isn't it! *smile* I love the print that you've chosen for this one. It's very lovely!