Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Forgot to Show You...

Yesterday when I was taking photos of my new skirt, I snapped a couple of my current mani, and then forgot to share them.
This is one coat of Orly Wild Wisteria:


Wild Wisteria is a deep, dark, rich, cool toned purple creme. It almost looks black on the nail. The formula was excellent- not too thick, not too runny, and it covered in one coat! The only drawback, and this is really just a quibble, is that the brush is skinny. I guess I'm getting spoiled by those nice, wide brushes that Sally Hansen and OPI have.


After Wild Wisteria dried, I followed it with one coat of China Glaze metallic crackle in Latticed Lilac. I LOVE this stuff. I have OPI's Black Shatter, several of the original CG crackle colors (Crushed Candy- aqua, Lightning Bolt- white, and Broken Hearted- pink) and one of the recent Sally Hansen crackle polishes. This metallic formula blows them all out of the water. The others dry really fast and tend to get gunked up around the bottle opening as I use them. I end up just slopping them on my nails. Not that it's a big deal, since they "crack" anyway. But this one was so easy and smooth to apply. It didn't get gummed up at all. It seemed to dry and crackle a little more slowly, but it was still completely dry within a few minutes, and as you can see, it "crackled" quite nicely. I've been wearing this for three days and have virtually no chips or tip wear! I did put one coat of Out the Door topcoat on this.


I also have the blue metallic crackle polish- Oxidized Aqua, and I can't wait to try it out!

No comments: