Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day

Just when we were finally getting thawed out a little bit, we got another foot of snow dumped on us. So today is a snow day. Hopefully I can take advantage and wrap up a couple of WIPs and maybe get my Vintage Sewalong dress cut out.

Meanwhile, I've made some progress on Nan's Garden:
I've completed the top section with the fences and flowered vine, added the cross stitched roses and the Rhodes variation right below them, and begun the "knot gardens." Those are the three medallion shaped areas at the bottom. Check out those cute little backstitched butterflies. That's one of my favorite things about Nan's designs- the little dainty backstitched motifs.

This sampler is stitching up pretty fast. If I can keep going at this rate, I may have it finished by the end of the month. And maybe by then things will be melted off and thawed out!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

That's a great project. I stitched it myself a couple of years ago. It's a lot of fun.