Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation

Well, I am on vacation. Today is Day 4 of nine blissful days of no work. I had thought I'd be getting lots of sewing done, but so far, that has just not been the case. DH and the kids have had lots of places for me to go and lots for me to do.

I did manage to sneak in a quick stop at Hancock Fabrics the other day. I snagged two awesome jersey knits, and some grey pinstriped stretch woven. I haven't said anything, but I actually made a pair of pants last week. Of course, they were purple gabardine. Hey, it was a muslin! Anyway, the grey stretch fabric is for a "real" pair.

I also managed to finish the smocking and embroidery on a seersucker sundress today. I did 28 bullion rosebuds with lazy daisy leaves. Whew! They sure look good, though. The dress should sew up pretty quickly since it's really simple. The problem will be getting the kitchen table cleared off so I can cut it out.

Since I don't have any pictures of finished projects, I will leave you with a peak into Savannah's Closet.

I made this, gosh, three years ago for a trip to Georgia for my brother's wedding. Savannah was not quite three years old when she wore this. It's Mary Dee by Children's Corner, smocked with Little Mermaids by Gwen Milner.

I debated over making the mermaids blonde to match the fabric, or with reddish brown hair like Savannah's. I ended up going with blonde. She loved it anyway.

I even used these little fish buttons to complete the theme. There are two on each side. The dress was quite a hit on that trip. Hard to believe three years have gone by. Sigh...

Well, before another year goes by, I'm off to sew!

No comments: